Monday, February 4, 2013

Jean Cousteau-Achilles Catarata Declinatio




“Hello, dear viewers and welcome to the amazing and exotic world of leg locks. I am your host, Jean Cousteau. I will be your guide and companion, and together we will explore places beyond your wildest imagination”. 

                                                   Jean Cousteau

 Past episodes

This is the first technique video I've ever done, and I was able to do it in one take!  Pretty impressive for a guy whose been known to stutter on occasions.  I promise the next one will be better.

                         
                        Ankle lock defense to X-guard to modified achilles lock

When using this in live sparring, be very careful when you swing your leg back into the inner side of your training partner's knee.  Make sure the pressure is slow/medium and steady.  If you just  come out of x-guard, wrap your leg around theirs, and then just blast them to the side, it could injure them.  Then, no one will want to train leg locks with you, and I will have to induct you into the Leg Lock Hall of Shame (coming soon). 

A couple great things I like about this variation are that first, this variation is particularly hard to escape out of once it is applied correctly.  Also, my outside leg going directly over my opponent's leg seems to give the submission some extra torque.  Good luck and have fun playing around with it.  This is also IBJJF legal. 

“Make sure to tune in next time for more adventure.  Thank you dear viewers, and until next time, I bid thee a wonderful evening”.

No comments:

Post a Comment