Thursday, September 13, 2012

Knee Bar

  


What the hell, man?  What is it with this submission?  I mean, really.  I couldn't hit one if my life depended on it (which is unfortunate for a leg lock stud like myself).  Also, it's one of the the subs I get caught in most often.

Okay, okay I know what you're thinking (*cue dude bro voice), “Listen man, if you want to get better at knee bars, practice more knee bars and stop acting like a baby”.

Well...I HAVE!

I remember never  getting a guillotine until well after I was a blue belt.  I would try them and never pull them off.  When someone would teach them in class, I would be dumbfounded.  Basically after awhile I just gave up on them completely.  

One day, my instructor was teaching guillotines and showed one little concept that changed everything.  Suddenly, it clicked.  I started submitting people with them all the time (especially from half guard).

Still waiting for that “Ah ha!” moment with the knee bar....What's that one sub you can never hit?  

No comments:

Post a Comment